Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Something is going on ....

There is chaos in our condo right now.  Things are all over the place.  Suitcases are out; bags are all over.  I'm salivating as the refrigerator is being emptied.  No one's giving me any treats, though, despite my use of "the stare."  I'm not sure what's going on, but I think we're leaving Colorado and going on another journey.  I've been through this before, 3 times, because I'm going to be 4 years old in February.  

I'm not sure I like this.  I've gotten used to going up and down halls and trying to not bark; I've gotten used to going up and down elevators; I'm even getting better at being around little kids. 

But ..... I DON'T WANNA LEAVE HERE!  Look at all the things I'll miss doing back in Chicago.  I won't be able to climb up mountains (like my ancestors did when they helped their owners in Tibet herd goats); I won't be able to roll in mush and interesting animal poop.  I won't be able to go on very long (3 hour) hikes; I'll be stuck in an office all day with my lil' sis, IzzyDunk.  And then I won't have as many adventures .....

I love it here.  Don't wanna leave!


I can have fun alone .... or ....

I can have fun with Izzy!
Hmmm.  Not sure this is safe, but I'll try
Believe it or not, Izzy is one spunky little girl.  I couldn't believe it.  Today she clawed her way up the side of a mountain (snow and all and rock) that was about a 45 degree angle ... up around 40 feet where she looked down at me and dared me to go up and be with her.  I tried, but only got about half way before I slid down.  Then Izzy was afraid to come down (it really was steep), so our mom with her special YAKTRAX climbed about half-way up and finally she came down.  Then she ran up again.  Hmmm.  Note to self:  "Must get in shape for climbing.  Can't have her beating me."  Will do.  

Izzy scrambled up something steeper!
I'm still not sure what's happening, but something is ..... will let you all know what tomorrow and the next day brings. 

1 comment: